Legend of Zelda Link Through Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general... smart idea...

+2
DM -Dark-Sith-
dragoonblade
6 posters

Go down

A general... smart idea... Empty A general... smart idea...

Post  dragoonblade Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:26 am

Well, I posted this because of the matter that I got encumbered while exploring due to carrying too much stuff. So I decided to post. Can I suggest that each item is given a auto 80% weight decrease to it (so as not to overweigh people) or otherwise provide for sale something that has 100% container weight decrease? With all the armours people are going to be carting around for different situations, it seems logical that such weight decreases are applied.
dragoonblade
dragoonblade

Back to top Go down

A general... smart idea... Empty Re: A general... smart idea...

Post  DM -Dark-Sith- Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 am

I am afraid that will make things a little too unrealistic. That's just my opinion though.
DM -Dark-Sith-
DM -Dark-Sith-
Admin

http://sites.google.com/site/theliminalcompendium/

Back to top Go down

Post  BNX44 Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 pm

and how heavy is a tunic, again? >>
BNX44
BNX44

http://www.geocities.com/kain15842

Back to top Go down

Post  dragoonblade Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:35 pm

According to the server, a Kokiri tunic weighs 40.0lbs. That's... quite heavy. Carry one of those with a Zora chain, that's 80, Goron, 120. Then add potions at 1 each, swords which weigh 4 for longs, 3 for shorts, 15 for greats... then add 3 for a longbow and 15 per large shield you carry, and 4.8 for a deku shield (which DOES have the 80%, which I'm grateful for). I can total that.

TunicsX3 = 120 + large shieldX2(15 ea) = 150 (without bonuses, I can only carry normally 153, but since I leveled since and got two goron strength rings, 306). Plus two longs and one short (161) plus bow, 164. Add 5 sets of 10 reds (169) plus a deku shield (173.8lbs). Now let's add boots to this (174.3lbs), cloak (177.3lbs), two rings (177.5lbs), misc items (for me, that's tingle's map (178lbs), dicebag and other two widgets (179.1lbs), lantern (179.2lbs) and gold dust (179.5lbs). Finally add a zora necklace (179.8lbs)).

Overall, 179.8 lbs is quite heavy. Link carried a LOT more stuff in the games without any sign of struggling with weight and Link isn't exactly considered epic level in his games. He isn't STR focused either, as he can use a bow or magic equally as good (so he is roughly triple statting). If I was to carry every single item that Link carries in one of his games, according to the current progression, I would be over my burden limit by roughly 70-240lbs. That's enough to heavily encumber me before any str drains, and that is counting my str buffs from the rings.

Overall, it's good to try to be realistic but... in the end, item weight shouldn't be one of the realisms forced on the players. Especially the newer ones who might not even be STR focused but need to carry a lot of potions and other items to boost their defence and or hold onto plot items.
dragoonblade
dragoonblade

Back to top Go down

Post  DM -Dark-Sith- Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 pm

That's true. I would then look at items that logically should weigh less. For items like tunics those do indeed need to weigh much much less. I'd recommend for the item DMs to look into changing that.
DM -Dark-Sith-
DM -Dark-Sith-
Admin

http://sites.google.com/site/theliminalcompendium/

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Malon Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Don't forget, Link had the Goron Power Bracelets/Silver Gauntlets/Golden Gauntlets. He could lift massive pillars and throw them.... he wasn't a wimp. just remember that.

Although i'll try and lighten the Items but it's not on the top of my to do list.
DM Malon
DM Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  BNX44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:26 am

True, link's str with the guantlets would be...what, 30? 40?
BNX44
BNX44

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Nirvana620 Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:44 am

Thing is, if you add weight decrease, the item price will go soaring. But IF you want to do it, press update instances on the item name after you edit it... Just sayin!
Admin Nirvana620
Admin Nirvana620
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BNX44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 pm

then, to counteract the price increase, use the value decrease property
BNX44
BNX44

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Malon Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Seriously... guys... i know what i'm doing.

And i'm -not- going to be doing this in any great rush, seeing as i've got a ton of other, more important things that need taking care of.
DM Malon
DM Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Nabooru Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Well gang. Just as an FYI. Anything I'm adding to the bowl. I will try to make it reasonable.
DM Nabooru
DM Nabooru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum