Legend of Zelda Link Through Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The master sword..?

2 posters

Go down

The master sword..? Empty The master sword..?

Post  dragoonblade Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Ok, here's a interesting little bit of logic puzzle that has twisted my mind. If you've played Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, have you ever noticed that the master swords are in a different location, and not only that, have different appearances and colours as well?

So you can compare here:

The master sword..? 02b-ma11

A Link to the Past's master sword, which is found in the lost woods.

The master sword..? Master11

The master sword from Ocarina of Time (found in the temple of time) and Twilight Princess (argued to be in the ruined temple or lost woods)

Now, we know from other zelda games that the master sword and the place it rests, sometimes exist on a different space and time from the rest of the world in the games (proved in Windwaker and Minish Cap) so I have a theory to present. What if there are TWO master swords? With one being 'lost'. The reason I bring this theory is the consideration of the Kokiri sword in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Both are different, and could easily be assumed to be from the respective worlds. With this in light, is it possible that the grey hilted master sword is a alternate master sword to the one found in the temple of time? We know for a fact this CANNOT be a uncharged master sword, as Windwaker proves the master sword still has a blue hilt. And in A Link to the Past, the grey master sword still very much has it's power.

Much to consider, and could possibly affect the server.
dragoonblade
dragoonblade

Back to top Go down

The master sword..? Empty >.> yes, i just have to bite onto this potential LoZ Fanboy arguement...

Post  DM Malon Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:19 am

Okay, first things first... maybe put the points you make in Dot-point form, so it's easier to reply to.

1: Now, With the theory of Two master Swords... it is indeed possible, however, i must point out that in
both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, it has been confirmed that it is the Same Link in both of these games, and as i doubt he would go back to the kokiri forest and switch his Kokiri sword for.... another one... because that is simply absurd.

So this can't be linked with your Dual Sword theory.

2: With the Grey Hilted Sword, it could very well be possible that this is an entirely different Master Sword, however there isn't enough proof that this could be the case of two entirely different Master Swords.

Also, it doesn't explain why the Sages, aka. the people who made the Master Sword, would refer to it as "The" Master Sword. rather than calling them, The Master "swords".

It is clearly Stated in Singular in every Zelda game that has the Master Sword in it.
((Almost all of them that is))

This doesn't dis-prove your point though, because even the sages have changed over time, which would suggest that the Master Sword -could- have a Twin. and, seeing as North America gets simple things like The Name Ganon Wrong.... who knows.

*is referring to the Ganon/Gannon incident*

3: To Base your facts off Wind Waker, this point is very loose... seeing as in most other Legend of Zelda Games... Hyrule isn't flooded. which indicates that WW would be closer to the other end of the timeline for the currently released Zelda games.

Which would place ALTTP before WW.

So, while there are some good points that you have, that can be debated, there is equally enough evidence to point against, and as such, i doubt will ever be resolved.

So, i think i'll just leave it to the other players to discuss now.

*ends rant*
DM Malon
DM Malon

Back to top Go down

The master sword..? Empty Re: The master sword..?

Post  dragoonblade Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:19 am

1. Link didn't switch his sword, that I know all too well. It is possible by being in the proximity to Termina's portal/gate changed the kokiri sword to suit the other alternate world. This also could explain the hero's shield (since there is no Hyrule, the shield probably also changed to the best counterpart in Termina).

2. This point of the sages changing is easily a good reason. They may simply not know the other exists which is why they refer to 'master sword' rather than 'master swords'.

3. Hmm... true, but there's also something that's been glaring me in the fact that I completely forgot. Remember that when Link draws it in OoT, that it sends him seven years ahead in time? That pretty much proves the sword has some power over space and time as well as going to the sacred realm. It is very possible that the grey hilted sword 'hid' itself because there was no need for two (explaining why you can't find it in Twilight Princess or in Ocarina of Time). Likewise could be said of the blue hilted one if you consider OoT first, it could easily have 'hid' until Windwaker going past A Link to the Past's era.

And to reply to BNX44:

The biggest counterarguement with the fading theory is the factor the master sword gets reforged in A Link to the Past, in which it obtains it's characteristic blue hilt (as well as a pretty kickass fiery orange blade, which easily could have faded to the time of OoT if A Link to the Past came first as the sword finally cooled down during the time of it's 'slumber'.

Still, I'll leave it up to admin/dm team as to whether to consider the twin swords theory. It could even be something as simple as the grey sword is a sword forged in tribute to the original master sword imbuned with the power to repel evil (See magical sword, which ALSO has this power, it's not unique to the master sword). This also explains why the master sword of A Link to the Past doesn't act as a key to anything like it does in Ocarina of Time (Ganon was able to get to the sacred realm without it. So was Link).
dragoonblade
dragoonblade

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Malon Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:26 am

Like you Said, The Fading theory isn't sound, mainly due to the fact that over the years, the Master Sword does -not- fade, rather it stays the same, and it's other variables that change around it.

So, i doubt that the Alttp "tempered Master Sword" comes first. because due to the Master Sword's control over Space time, it is obviously not going to "cool down" after it gets tempered.

At least that's what i think anyways.
DM Malon
DM Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  dragoonblade Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 am

That is true. But that means it only supports the two swords theory because otherwise there's no explanation for the master sword having a grey hilt in that game.
dragoonblade
dragoonblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum